Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hopefully the last hospital update on my mom!

Hopefully today or tomorrow my mom will be released from the hospital! Whoohoo! I know she's going stir crazy in there!

Her chest tube should be removed today and if all goes well she could go home this afternoon. I stopped by and spent some time with her last night and I think she's actually doing pretty well. We went for a walk trying to see Christmas lights out of the window (which was a bummer we couldn't see any) and just had a good time talking between the two of us. I called her on my way home from work and I could tell she sounded bummed so I took a detour and headed back towards the hospital; after I left the nurse that came in to take her vitals said that she could tell my mom just lit up when I got there. I'm so glad I was able to help put a smile on her face and ease the annoyance of being stuck in the hospital for days on end!

I'm so excited for her to be getting out!!

2 comments:

RichFam said...

Yay! She will be home for Christmas! :o)

Wilson News said...

How wonderful! God is so good!!! She has been in prayer since I learned of her situation! I'm so thankful! Thanks for keeping us updated! We've been on the road traveling tons - but home for a little while now! Love you!!!